The transfer station services the R.M. of Dundurn and the Town of Dundurn. You must have a user number issued to you. The attendant will assign you a number with your confirmation of address and which municipality you live in. Residents of the Town of Dundurn will need to visit the Town Office to have a permit issued.
The RM of Dundurn owns and operates the facility. Please call (306) 492-2132 if you have any questions.
Free Dump Day June 10, 2023
May 1 – October 31 Sat & Sun 9-5
November 1 to April 30 Sat 9-4 & Sun 10-2
All household garbage must be contained in closed garbage bags and secured when travelling to the transfer station.
- tires and brake pads
- batteries of any kind including rechargeable
- paint, paint cans, including aerosol, solvents, paint thinners
- household and landscape chemicals, flammables and explosive materials
- pesticides and herbicides
- building materials containing asbestos, cement, asphalt shingles, siding and flooring.
- stones and concrete
- fluorescent lighting, compact fluorescent bulbs and sodium vapor lamps
- mercury-containing items: thermometers, pilot light sensors, barometers, thermostats
- needles used for health care or syringes with biohazardous waste
- PCB containing materials
- photo waste (silver bearing)
- manure, rotten hay bales
- grain and fertilizers
- dead animals, slaughter waste
- tvs, computer monitors, laptops, printers, cell phones, gaming devices and microwaves
- any furniture that will not fit in the bin
• cardboard – flattened
• photocopy paper
• boxboard; example cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes
• flyers, magazines, books, catalogues
• rinsed cardboard milk containers
• clean metal food cans
• clean plastic juice jugs
• clean plastic tubs
• light bulbs
• plastic and metal clothes hangers
• food container that cannot be washed clean
• fast food packaging, plastic utensils
• plastic shopping bags
• pots and pans, scrap metal, ceramics
• plastic flower pots and toys
The following items are accepted but in the designated areas only:
• appliances in an upright position
• clean wood -solid wood, lumber, and pallets that are unpainted, unstained, free of glue, and untreated
• brush and branches
Regular Household Garbage (Bags) – $2/bag Standard Black Bag
Household Garbage ½ ton truck – $25
Household Garbage Over ½ ton truck – $50
Roll off bin – $10 each bin
Whites (Fridges, Stoves, Freezers, etc.) – $25 each
Oversized furniture (Couches, Mattresses) – $25 each
Furniture (chair, small dresser) – $15
Barbeque tanks & other metals – FREE
Non-painted wood – FREE
Painted Lumber ½ ton truck – $25
Painted Lumber Over ½ ton truck – $50
Composting – FREE
Illegal Dumping – Revoking of Landfill permit & subject to $500 fee to reinstate permit
Used oil accepted in pails of 20 litres and under.
No drums unless you have a pump.
NO CONTRACTORS ALLOWED TO DUMP
Transfer Station directions
- Drive into the Town of Dundurn.
- Follow 3rd Street all the way down onto the gravel road past the school.
- Exit right on Pryor Road.
- The Transfer Station will be located on the right.